As a consumer there are certain guarantees that are made when goods are sold to you, one of which is that goods are of acceptable quality. A product is considered faulty or not of acceptable quality if it:
- Is not safe, lasting or without faults (taking into account what would reasonably be expected for the type of product and its cost);
- Does not do all the things you would reasonably expect it to or is not fit for purpose; or
- Does not match the description made by us, on packaging and labels, or via promotions or advertising.
If an item is not of acceptable quality you may be entitled to a repair, replacement or refund.
If you believe there is a fault with an item you have received, please let us know as soon as you become aware of the fault by heading into our local store in Gympie or contacting us via our contact page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be able to:
- Provide the original receipt (or a copy of) or some other form of proof of purchase of the faulty item (where multiple items were purchased in the transaction that includes the faulty item and a credit card/bank statement does not clearly itemise the faulty product, this may not provide sufficient proof of purchase); and
- Return the product to us for an assessment you are responsible for the cost of return postage unless this cost is significant).
Photographs alone will not be accepted as proof of fault. It is a requirement that the physical product be in our possession prior to the acceptance of your return request. Please note, where an item is deemed faulty, we will happily refund the cost of returning the item to us. Please ensure you keep your postage receipt so that we can facilitate this refund for you.
Where a product requires assessment by the supplier of the goods, this process can take 2-6 weeks. While we will do everything we can to ensure a resolution is reached as quickly as possible, we cannot provide an exact timeframe within which the supplier will assess the product.